6 tbs margarine or shortening
2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
2/3 cups sugar
2 eggs, seperated
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Chocolated may cause sticking, so cooking surface should be re-oiled lightly before making this resipe.
- Oil cooking surfface before preheating waffle maker.
- Combined melted margarine and chocolate in medium size mixing bowl.
- Let cool slightly. Stir in sugar and eggs yolk, mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients, add alternately with milk to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in nuts. Beat eggs white until stiff but not dry.
- Fold eggs white into chocolate mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup batter to preheated waffle maker and spread slightly with rubber spatula.
- Close waffle maker and bake until light goes out.
- Waffle will crisp as it cools.
- Repeat with remaining batter